Friday, May 23, 2008

Using his mouth

Eli is very intent on getting toys to his mouth these days. It is very hard to watch him struggle, over and over again, to put something in his mouth. He often misses is the problem. He doesn't get as frustrated as I would get if I were him! Tonight while Michael and I ate pizza, Eli tried to get his funky Dr. Seuss toy into his mouth and he just kept grunting and opening his mouth but the thing kept missing his mouth.

For a little while during dinner, Eli sat on my lap. He is very interested in the food we eat right now. He watched the pizza go on my fork and travel to my mouth and then he would turn his whole body to see me chew. We might try some rice cereal this weekend.

He is also very interested in Tylenol. You would think he was addicted if you saw how excited he is when the Tylenol bottle comes out. That stuff must taste fantastic. When I pull the dropper from the bottle, he puts out both hands to try to grab it, opens his mouth and makes sucking noises like he is trying to inhale the Tylenol from 2 feet away. I think it is pretty cute, but it does seem strange...

I forgot to mention that Eli turned 5 months old yesterday. Wow, I can't believe how fast it has gone by.

1 comment:

sarah said...

re: the new diaper picture below, jeremy and i agree that eli is the cutest baby of the three. and we're not his parents so that's a totally unbiased opinion!