Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Staring, formula and potluck

Yesterday Eli and I went for a walk and he fell asleep in the baby carrier. When I got home, he was still asleep so I just sat down in the living room to relax and watch my baby sleep (probably only other new moms understand how fun this is!)

When he woke up, he just opened his eyes slowly and stared at me for the longest time. I was whispering to him and he just kept looking and looking at me. It was as if he was studying every feature on my face in case someone asked him for details about what his mama looked like.

On a totally different topic, it seems I can't pump enough milk to keep up with Eli while he is at daycare so now he has some formula there and the daycare providers have had to give him several ounces of formula on two different days so far. I think he is just growing so fast that he needs more than I can give him now. Hopefully the solid food will help. I don't know why but I feel guilty every time he has to have formula.

Oh, tonight I took Eli to the Y's breast cancer support group potluck. Lots of wonderful women hoping to hold Eli, who was a bit fussy whenever he wasn't with mama. We couldn't stay very long but it was wonderful to see everyone.

No comments: