Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A great new toy and other things









I got a supersaucer off Craigslist for Eli. We picked it up today and it was a big hit, as you can see from the photos! The chair swivels and he figured that out right away. The only problem with the saucer, from Eli's perspective, is that he can't get the toys in his mouth. Bummer.

Eli was quite happy today except when his gums were bugging him. He kept smiling in the kitchen while I was preparing dinner, and when I kissed his feet when he was in the bouncy chair, he thought that was the greatest.

He talked a lot on our walk with Sarah and Elliot, and he even smiled a little at Sarah, which is close to a first for him.

Eli is getting pretty good about navigating toys directly to his mouth, but some things are still frustrating for him. Soft toys seem to baffle him a bit and when he flings his arms forcefully, he loses the toys. In the bathtub, he is obsessed not with the dozens of bath toys I bought for him, but the Tupperware container I use to wash the soap off him. It is quite a large container and he can't figure out the best way to get it in his mouth. But he tries. Even when I need to wash the soap off him!

1 comment:

gma said...

Hi Eli, I wrote you a looong comment but blogspot wouldn't let me send it so I have re-registered and am trying again. Love the pictures of you in your new toy! Can't wait to hear you giggle but I am thinking that by July you may be at the stage where you look solemnly at us and think "who the heck are these people?" (unless we are unlucky and you think "oh my god, who are these people?" and start crying. Your Daddy was very
wiggly when he was a baby too. And when he got old enough to move around he was very speedy and got into lots of stuff. Tell your mama thank you for writing so much about you. love, gma