Saturday, May 24, 2008

Eli's first solid meal




I made organic brown rice mush for Eli tonight for the first time!

At first I was putting the cereal on my finger for him to get used to the flavor. He didn't seem too excited. But then we sat him in his Bumbo chair and used the spoon and he was grabbing for the spoon and opening his mouth really wide. Of course, it is hard to tell if he just wanted to munch the spoon or actually eat the stuff in the spoon. He was also making noises while he ate, which was funny. Maybe he was telling us he'd like some brown sugar in the cereal next time?

I don't believe he got a lot of rice cereal into his stomach. Most of it was left on his lips and cheeks. Some was in his fists. In the bath later I found some behind his ear. Once the dogs get wind of this food frenzy, Eli might have an even harder time getting his food down his throat!

2 comments:

dragonfly said...

Hi Caspers! I love the blog and the updates on Eli and all the pictures. It's very fun to keep up with what you all are up to :)

Love ya,

Kayley

Harry Brull said...

Hi there Caspers,
Just got my Eli Fix - cereal and cloth diaper shoot! loved it all; makes a grandDad proud.
Can't wait to see you guys in eatrly July.
Harry/grandDad