Sunday, May 4, 2008

Eli's 4-month-old update

OK, now that I have had a blog for all of 21 minutes, I want to post, post, post. I mainly want to tell people what has been going on with Eli:

Eli turned 4 months old on April 22, which also happened to be Earth Day. I have no idea why this is significant, but it seems to me that it is! He is NOT sleeping through the night, although lots of people like to ask me if he is. Nope, not even close. But two nights ago, he slept for 51/2 hours straight and I thought I was in heaven. Even though I got up to pee twice, it still felt like I had been asleep for days.

He is getting better and better about falling asleep by himself. Tonight I nursed him and put him in his crib awake. He amused himself for 30 minutes and whined a little bit, but fell asleep. He sleeps with this tiny blankie and it is cute how he sucks on it.

Eli can now roll over, although not consistently. He smiles a ton with a HUGE open mouth. He still doesn't giggle, but Michael and I are anxiously awaiting that day. We keep kissing and nuzzling his neck in hopes of a giggle but he is holding out on us.

4 comments:

SBC said...

aww that baby is soo cute! happy 4 months..time sure does fly.
much love
sarah casper

Unknown said...

I love Eli's huge smile in the Ag Fest photo. Congratulations on the blog. It looks great.
Eli's BFF Alex

Liz Flynn said...

Beth - ooooh my gosh he's cute! Do you want some unsolicited advice about sleeping? Well, here's mine: when Eli does begin to sleep longer and longer, DO NOT get up to check on him and see if he's okay because you haven't heard a peep for hours. :) I caught myself doing this with Miles and realized it was just a very good way to 1) wake him up and 2) drive myself nuts!

Erik Brooks said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Eli and Beth. Great photos! Can't wait to meet him in July!!