Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby wearing

This morning, Stefanie and I met at a baby-wearing group in Silverton. Baby wearing is not as cruel as it sounds--it is just the act of "wearing" your baby in a sling, pouch or some other kind of carrier.

Eli was a bit overwhelmed by all of the commotion and baby noises, but he only fussed a bit. Pretty good for someone who wouldn't take a morning nap and barely fell asleep on the car ride to Silverton.

I learned how to wear him in this great sling I got at the Portland Saturday Market, and I feel more comfortable with him in the Mei Tei carrier. The women in the group are fabulous, although as a newcomer I was quite overwhelmed -- so many mamas and babies to keep track of!

Eli picked up the fussiness a notch when Stef and I went to O'Brien's for lunch, so I ate most of my BLT standing up! But I realized that I need to get him out more so that he is used to taking a short nap in a baby carrier and then I am not stuck in the house for every nap :)

Stay tuned for some more updates. I plan to create several slideshows in Flickr for the blog so you can see what Eli is up to.

No comments: