Monday, May 19, 2008

Eli swims and does other stuff

Sunday night, after a hard day of teething, Eli went swimming at the gym for the first time. He wore a cute little swim diaper, and no suit (I haven't bought one yet -- I didn't even think about it!)

He liked it for the first 5 minutes. He splashed the water with his hand and seemed content to move around the pool. Then I think the whole experience overwhelmed him. The pool is in a very large room and it is loud. There were lots of people in the pool, probably more people than he has ever seen in his life. So we left right away, but we will be back. I think he will love it as soon as he gets used to it.

Today we walked to the park with Sarah and Elliot. Eli stayed in the Ergo carrier the entire time, which was a first for him. Hooray! Maybe now I can leave the stroller at home and just wear him to the park. That would be so much easier because I usually have Wally also.

Today it really seemed like Eli wanted me to hold him and smile at him and be in the same room as him. When I laugh, he looks up at me and smiles big. When I leave the room, he whines until I get back. And when I am nursing him, he keeps looking up at me with these huge eyes, especially if I am looking at something other than him. He's really turning into a little boy instead of a baby. It is very bizarre.

No comments: