Monday, May 12, 2008

A lovely Monday


Today was a happy, smiley day for Eli.


We tried to go to the gym but the daycare wasn't open yet so we stopped at the grocery store. Eli watched his rattle socks. They are these colorful socks with little animal-head rattles on the end. When Eli kicks his legs, they rattle and keep him amused for about 10 seconds until he kicks again.


When Eli took a nap, I made dinner for Melissa and Adam, who just had a baby boy, Oscar. Melissa is the fourth woman in our newsroom to have a boy in less than a year! I stopped over this evening to see all 7 pounds of him, and he is so adorable. I never saw Eli that small - he was still in the womb -- so Oscar felt so light and fragile. Anyway, I am very excited to have all these boys grow up together. Instant friends!


For Eli's second nap, I took a nap also (glorious!), and when he woke up I brought him to bed with me to nurse. Well, we both fell asleep together for another hour and Eli slept so peacefully next to my chest. It was so sweet.


When we were playing in the afternoon, Eli kept reaching out for my face. He is starting to touch my lips and nose, and he loves to grab hold of my hair. He kept flashing these humongous grins that made me giggle.


Oh, I wanted to mention the Mother's Day post by Eli, aka Michael. Michael took the photo of Eli and the cherry blossoms in our backyard. Our cherry blossom tree is in the middle of our deck and the blossoms have just fallen off. Even though Michael hates studio shots, the photos he took of Eli look like they were done in a studio. I'm attaching one of the 25 that Michael took -- in this one, Eli is not cooperating for the photographer.

No comments: