Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dangerous activities: nail cutting

Eli is taking a nap right now with little drops of blood on his head, cheeks, lips and pajama sack. It is so sad!

I did it. I was trying to prevent him from scratching his face with his long nails and I accidentally cut his thumb nail too short. It bled and bled and bled. I didn't think babies had that much blood in their thumbs. I mean, his thumb is tiny. Tinier than those candy Hot Tamales that I love, and that's small!

Anyway, how bad do I feel? TERRIBLE. Talk about the ultimate mama guilt. Here is a helpless little babe who relies on you for everything and I go and make him bleed forever. Just great mom. He got me back by wiping blood all over my hand and shirt so I can't forget what I did to him.

Other than that we had a pretty good day. We went grocery shopping and he loved looking at all the colors in all of the aisles. I just keep him in his car seat and sit him in the shopping cart and he has a perfect view.

I also tried carrying him around in my sling today but that only lasted about 10 minutes before he got cranky. I really wish that he liked being in a carrier more.

1 comment:

J. Boehle said...

We never had much luck with the slings either, Beth. Try getting something called a Baby Bjorn, if you haven't already.

http://www.babybjorn.com/Countries/USA/

All of our babies have LOVED them.

Your blog is great!!