Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eli giggles!

Eli actually giggled today -- a full "ha, ha, ha." Usually he just goes "ha" and leaves it at that. I was lying on my back on the living room floor and lifting him up in the air so he could fly. He liked it a lot and smiled when I did it, which made me laugh and when I put him back on my belly, he shook because of my laughing. That's when he giggled. It was so GREAT!

We also used some upside-down Tupperware as drums and banged on them. He seemed to like it, except he kept trying to put the Tupperware in his mouth. So I guess you could say he didn't totally understand the drum concept.

It has been ridiculously hot here. On Friday, it reached 99 degrees -- a new record. I had food poisoning or the stomach flu and had to stay home from work. That night, Eli and I slept in the guest room with the air conditioning, and it was really nice to sleep together. He would wake up and lean over to nurse and then fall right back to sleep. It was very sweet.

He is back in his crib tonight because it cooled off. But the heat has allowed us to bring him outside in just a diaper and he loves it. Michael is totally right about Eli loving to be naked. We sat outside for dinner tonight and Eli sat on Michael's lap in just his diaper. He was very content.

Michael also took Eli to Bush Park today and played with him in the grass. Eli loves to watch Wally fetch the ball. When the dogs come close, Eli even reaches out and tried to grab them now. He had gotten ahold of Zula's fur the past couple of times.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I need to hear the Eli laugh! I bet it's the cutest thing ever.

I told Michael this when he came over to help Jeremy tonight - one of the first things that Elliot said when he woke up this morning was "Wah-wee. Wah-wee."

He's obsessed with Wally!