Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Naptime

Getting Eli to take a nap has gotten harder and harder. He wants to play in his crib forever and then he calls me into his room multiple times before he can actually fall asleep. He clearly still needs a nap because he'll sleep for 2 hours once he falls asleep.

Today was a particularly difficult nap day. I put him down at 2 p.m. and he called me to his room about 4 times. I tried to ignore his yells for "Mama" but they just get louder and louder and he is clearly not giving up!

Finally, after almost 2 hours, I took him out of his crib and told him to play in his room. He did, until he got a stack of books and crawled into my bed with me. I read him two books and then told him I was going to sleep. He thought it was funny to yell "Wake up Wake up!" at me, touch my closed eyelids and put his finger in my mouth, but once I told him to stop, he just lay there, closed his eyes and fell asleep -- for more than 2 hours! It was very sweet to take a nap with my little boy.

In the middle of his nap, he opened his eyes, said "Hi. Hi." to me and rolled over and slept some more. He looked so peaceful and quiet.

No comments: