Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eli getting bigger

Eli and I had a busy day today. We drove to Corvallis to get a few items for Baby Patxi and then we ended up at a park with a great playground. Eli loved playing in this big sandbox with his garbage truck and excavator. He was shirtless, with his cute sunhat and his baggy sweat pants on, and I thought he looked adorable -- except at the same time, I thought he looked so BIG! I wish I had a photo. But it is amazing to me how sometimes I look at him and it seems like he grew up while I blinked.

And he also said a pretty big-boy thing today. He told me he was "Daddy's son." We use the word "son" with him sometimes but he has never repeated it. Not sure if he knows what it means exactly but he still used it.

Another thing he has been saying lately is: "Daddy is my friend." When I ask him if I am is friend, he says, "NO! You are my mama!" I am kind of hurt by it, but Michael thinks it shows a lack of respect for Daddy to also be a friend. I think it means that Daddy is fun to play with!

No comments: