Sunday, June 13, 2010

Directional understanding and playing with islands

Eli either understands his left hand from his right hand or he has been incredibly lucky lately. Today I was clipping some long weeds in the backyard with a clipper. Eli came over and said, "What's in your right hand, Mama?" I couldn't believe he identified that I was holding the clippers in my right hand. He did something similar to Michael a few weeks ago. When we ask him which hand is this (and point to his left hand), he said "My left hand!" SO maybe he just figured it out early and it stuck?

On a totally different subject, I've been wanting to get Eli one of my favorite bath toys as a kid: Gilligan's Island. It is a floating island with a boat and three of the Gilligan Island characters. Of course, it only sells on e-bay for a ridiculous price and I'm not willing to spend that much! But other island bath toys I've seen just don't compare. Fortunately, I'm still pregnant and my belly provides an excellent island. Tonight Eli was pushing his boat around the island, "parking" his boat on the island and launching the boat off the island. It's even better than Gilligan's Island!!!

No comments: