Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blankies

Eli loves his blankie. It is a small square with a silky side and a soft, fuzzy side and then silky tabs all around it. For awhile he used it mostly to fall asleep, but now he carries it almost everywhere. He wants to sit next to it to eat dinner, have it in his playroom when he plays, and rub it on his face if he gets frustrated or hurt. And he HAS to have it for nap and bedtime.

SO, obviously I can't have only one blankie. I started with 5. I was down to 2 and then ordered 3 more online so I don't have to worry about losing them. The thing is: Eli wants them all at once. When he gets 2 blankies together, he says they are friends and they kiss each other. The other night, blankie was singing 'Twinkle twinkle" to us and the other blankie. I'm having a hard time convincing him that he should only carry one blankie at a time. When I tell him I want to keep blankies clean, he looks at me like I'm crazy. "Why do blankies need to be clean? They are best when they are stinky, Mama!" he seems to be saying.

No comments: