Friday, July 2, 2010

Teeth

Eli has two books about teeth. Both of them talk about the first set of teeth falling out.

Today, when Eli woke up from nap, he told me that he didn't want his teeth to fall out. He worries about things like this a lot. I told him it was no big deal; it wouldn't happen until he was 6. That wasn't enough. He kept worrying about it and telling me that he didn't want his teeth to fall out. So then I told him we would figure out a solution. He said, "Yeah. If my tooth falls out, you glue it back in?"

At the end of the conversation, it dawned on me that this was the perfect opportunity to get him to brush his teeth. I told him that his teeth wouldn't fall out if he brushed them twice a day and made sure to get his back teeth (always a huge problem!) I know it is terrible to lie to your child, but I thought just this once it might work out because by the time his teeth are going to fall out, he will be excited about the tooth fairy and all of his friends' teeth will be falling out :)

No comments: