Friday, July 2, 2010

Funny things...

Eli says the funniest things these days. And he also surprises us with those grown-up things he says.

Since he started saying, "For God's Sake!" when he was frustrated or in difficult situations, we have tried not to laugh because we don't want to encourage it. And Michael has convinced him that what he was saying was, "All dogs' sakes!" so now Eli says that! It is just as funny and not nearly as offensive :)

Last week while Michael and I were in the hospital and Nanna was watching Eli, Nanna asked Eli is he wanted to sit on his potty. He has not been interested in it at all. He said "No." Nanna asked him when he would use the potty and Eli said, "In 2 weeks." Nanna said, "Well, don't you want to practice?" Eli said, "No. Don't need to."

Last night, we put a huge comfy chair in Eli's room so that we could read to Eli while I had Ewan with me. It is perfect for two kids and an adult. We had to move Eli's dresser into his closet and I asked him if that was OK. Eli didn't answer. I thought he was bummed about it (2-year-olds like their sameness. Things that change are difficult for Eli!). I crouched down and said, "Eli, do you mind that your dresser is in your closet?" He looked and me and started to walk away and then said, in just the same way I would, "It's just fine, Mama."

This morning, Eli asked his Nanna if she would help him get Baby Moshi (his doll) out of his crib. Nanna started walking up the stairs and when she got to the top, Eli yelled to her, "Turn left! Turn left!" so that she would enter his room.

Then, just now, Eli came in while I was nursing Ewan and picked up his stuffed fox on the floor. He said, "I love fox." I said, "Yes, fox is soft and cozy."

Eli said: "Some foxes are not soft."

I said: "If they are not soft, what are they?"

Eli said: "Black and shiny."

No comments: