Saturday, March 7, 2009

Some things about Eli....




Yesterday I had this flash of Eli in the future -- he was the class clown, trying to get all the other students to laugh. The reason I had this flash? Because Eli and I were at the dining room table and Eli did his typical full-body excited shake. Something that I had always thought was involuntary. But when I started laughing, he did it again. And again. Probably about 7 times total, and he just keep checking in with me to make sure I was laughing. I love these little glimmers of his personality peeking through.

These days Eli is really enjoying learning new tasks. I am trying to teach him to feed the dogs. He loves it although the food often ends up on the floor instead of the dog bowls. The dogs don't seem to care :) He is learning to wash his hands, wipe off the table with a sponge and drink out of a cup by himself.

Perhaps because he wants to learn new tasks, he doesn't want me to change his diaper -- maybe that takes him away from learning new tasks for too long? Anyway, he screams his head off when I try to change his diaper. It is very tiring... He does the same thing about getting into his car seat. Ugh. I dread both of those things most days :)

Tonight, Eli helped us make chocolate-chip cookies. He stood on a step stool and helped stir the dry ingredients (read: spill the flour all over himself) and mix the wet ingredients (read: eat the butter). Oh boy does he like raw cookie dough! I thought we would never get him out of the kitchen!

No comments: