Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Eli makes the newsletter

The YMCA Child Development Center newsletter for March 2009 came out today and I picked up a copy when I dropped Eli off at daycare today. Each classroom in the center has their own section. Eli's room, the Crawler Room, had a story about Eli in it:

As many of you have noticed we have posted our baby signs at the children's level. We are encouraging the children to use baby signs to ease their frustration with communication. We encourage you to use them too. The classroom has copies of our most used baby signs. Have you heard the latest classroom joke? Eli will be playing on the floor with his toys and friends. He will use his sign for sleep to his teachers. When we ask him if he wants to sleep, he will shake his head no and verbally say no. Then Eli will laugh and laugh. What a great spirit he has!

I think it is the funniest story ever. It also is very consistent with my new theory that he is something of a class clown. I'll let you know in 10 years if I am right!

1 comment:

Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Ha, that is great! What a fun kid :)