Monday, March 2, 2009

A Mama freak-out

I went to my knitting group this evening and stayed later than I thought I would (hey, knitting can get a bit out of control!) and got a call from Michael just as I was leaving. All I could hear was Eli SCREAMING in the background.

Turns out, he went to bed OK, only to wake around 9:15 p.m. When Michael went into his room, Eli asked for Mama. When Mama didn't arrive promptly, Eli started the screaming. Michael asked if Eli wanted to look for Mama, he said yes. So they searched every room, each time finding no Mama and Eli crying. They even looked in the garage. When Michael called me, I tried to talk to Eli to calm him down but he couldn't hear me because of the crying OR he didn't want me in the phone, he wanted me next to him.

Anyway, when I got home, he acted like nothing was wrong. Just wanted me to hold him while he ate some cookies. Then I gave him more milk and he is now sleeping peacefully. Oh dear, Mama practically had a heart attack trying to get him to her screaming Eli....

No comments: