Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's the ear

Last night Eli woke every 2 hours. One time he woke after an hour. I gave him Tylenol diligently every 4 hours, but he couldn't stay asleep for the full 4 hours. I tried rocking him in the rocking chair but he would just moan and cry and writhe around. It was so sad and confusing because we didn't know what was wrong and he usually sleeps through the night. I was so out of it that one time I gave him only .8 ml of Tylenol instead of 1.2 ml because I was reading the dropper wrong.

As soon as I arrived at work, Noelle at daycare called to ask where Eli's blankie was. "Oh dear, at home." So I drove home to get it, but when I delivered it to him, Noelle told me that he had a 100-degree fever even though he was on Tylenol. I had already made a doctor's appointment but Michael had to leave work and stay with Eli at home.

The doctor found that Eli has an ear infection in his left ear. Poor guy. He is on antibiotics and Motrin but he just woke up after being asleep for only 1.5 hours. Uh oh, another long night for Eli and his parents...

No comments: