Monday, September 15, 2008

Trouble with sleep...

Eli is again showing us how fast he is turning into a little boy. Today he had a rough time going down for his afternoon nap and when I went in to check on him, he was on his knees and holding onto the crib railing. He was peering over the edge and checking out his room. I'm pretty sure the next step is pulling himself up so that he is standing in his crib!

He is also so much more aware of me and Michael. When I go into his room after a nap, he gives me the hugest grin and a little giggle. Tonight he wouldn't go to sleep and Michael went in to sing to him and Eli let out the sweetest high-pitch squeal ever.

It also seems like he "gets" some jokes. Today when we were having trouble with naptime, I opened the door to his room and put a doll in the doorway. I moved the doll and had her say "Why won't you go to sleep Eli?" and he just laughed and laughed.

Oh, and around 9:30 p.m., when Eli was still awake, Michael went in and found Eli sitting up in his crib crying. Eli wanted to go to sleep but couldn't figure out how to lie down. :)

1 comment:

sarah said...

Oh no! The not knowing how to lie down thing is happening to you, too!

Hopefully he figures it out soon. :)