Thursday, September 4, 2008

Napping and nursing

Eli napped like someone had drugged him today. He slept for 2 hours this morning -- from 10 a.m. until noon -- and then again from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. I think he makes up for his lack of sleep at day care -- 3 20 minute-naps yesterday -- when he is at home.

He also wanted to nurse a lot today, which was nice because I have to go on a work-trip starting tomorrow and I'll be gone for 9 days. I'll get to see him at least once during the trip because we swing through Salem, but I am going to miss him terribly. Maybe he could sense my anxiety. He started curled in my arms, with his head nestled in the bend in my arm for a long time each time he nursed. While he was nursing before bed for the night, he kept making these sweet Hmmmm noises and swinging his arm around his head. He was making me laugh, which would make him pull off, smile really big and then go "humpf" and latch back on. It was so sweet.

No comments: