Monday, September 1, 2008

Feeding the dogs and clapping


It seems that just today Eli realized that the dogs were begging for food from him as he eats. Apparently, Eli is happy to oblige. It's not only fun for the dogs -- but Eli thinks it is a very funny game. Tonight, he taunted Zula with a stick of string cheese, only to drop it suddenly right by Wally. I guess Eli's dinnertime is going to be off-limits for the dogs. A total bummer for Wally and Zula, who probably get 50 percent of their calories from what Eli throws on the floor.

Eli just started clapping! He watched me intently yesterday and then started putting his hands together. He also started paying more attention to my hand when I wave to him and I can see that he is trying to wave -- one time I even "caught" him waving his hand and he was watching his hand closely to see if he did it correctly. It seems like he is really starting to mimic our behavior.

No comments: