Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mama's back!

So I arrived home very late on Saturday night from my 9-day institute about journalism. I wasn't away from Eli that entire time -- I was able to stop and see him on Thursday night when the institute came through Salem.

But he can already do so many things that he wasn't doing before I left! I read him a book and he was pointing at the pages and characters on the pages; he keeps sticking his tongue out; he crinkles his nose at things (I cannot figure out why); and he can rotate 360 degrees while sitting up.

Of course, the most impressive thing he can do now is army crawl. When we went to the park today he army crawled across the grass to get to Wally's ball flinger.

He seems so much older than when I left 9 days ago and it hits me again how fast he is growing up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're in trouble now. He will be emptying your bookshelves in no time. That is Alex's favorite past time now that he can get to them. I would love to see a video of Eli army crawling. He's getting so big.