Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jogging stroller milestone and a sleep setback



We took Eli for a walk in his stroller again today and he sat facing forward. This time he didn't cry at all, he was just mildly fussy when we first started for home. I think he is getting used to his jogging stroller -- especially because he can see where we are going instead of where we have been!

Of course, after I blog about how great Eli is sleeping, he has to make a liar out of me. Last night, he woke up around 2:45 a.m. and wouldn't go back to sleep until 4 a.m. We changed his diaper and Michael sang to him and he still cried pretty hard. I think it was because we had that big family nap on Saturday and he wanted to nurse to sleep again. But he went to sleep perfectly tonight and smiled at me after I put him down. I guess we will have some rough nights sometimes...

2 comments:

sarah said...

oh no! I got nervous when I read the words "sleep setback" but it sounds like everything's better now. Hopefully last night he switched back to his old ways (but not his OLD old ways. That would be bad). :)

Mom said...

Well, last night was better. He slept until 4 a.m. but then Michael had to sing to him a bit and then he slept until 5:45 a.m. and I had to sing to him a bit. But overall, he is still doing pretty great -- 7:30 p.m. to 4 a.m. is a pretty good stretch!