Monday, August 25, 2008

8-month update

Eli was in such an amazing mood today. He had these HUGE smiles on his face all day and he kept squealing and (I think) trying to hug me. He grabs my face, opens his mouth and tries to put my entire face in his mouth. I read somewhere that it means he is trying to hug or kiss me and doesn't know how. All I know is that I love it. It is totally adorable, even when he gets drool all over my face.

Needless to say, I love the 8-month stage. He is happy almost all of the time. He can stay awake for quite awhile now -- this morning he lasted for 3 hours. He is sleeping great so I have some time to myself at night (tonight I made these lemon scones that are to-die-for!). And he can play by himself for a little bit of time, even though he mostly wants to play with me (which is also quite alright!)

We've been doing cloth diapers now for a month and it is going great. It is super easy. We only use one disposable diaper a day -- at night. He has been sleeping from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. and a cloth diaper just won't keep him dry that long. He took a two-hour nap this afternoon with two cloth diapers and a fleece liner and he was soaked when he woke up. So I just don't want to ruin his good nighttime sleeping.

He loves to look at books, play with this big metal coffee can and watch Wally and Zula. He also LOVES to swing so I usually put him in one of those baby swings at the park and he just smiles and giggles the entire time. I am a little worried about the fall and what we will do when it is raining :(

No comments: