Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some firsts

Eli tried a few new things today.

He ate some pieces of banana by himself. He did a great job of chewing it up before trying to swallow it. But he had some trouble picking it up with his fingers. He still grabs it with his entire fist and then it is hard to get it in his mouth. But he certainly has fun trying.

He also took a walk in the afternoon in his jogging stroller without the infant car seat. It makes him look like such a big boy when he is sitting in it because he faces forward instead of toward me. He didn't seem to mind at the beginning of the walk but then he started crying before we got home and I had to carry him several blocks to calm him down. And boy, he is a heavy guy!

He was super happy when Michael came home from work and he was rolling around on the floor and squealing. I love it when he is that happy. I love to bury my face in his belly and make him squeal and squeal.

No comments: