Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eli cuts two teeth at once



Eli cut two teeth today! I was feeding him some mashed banana on my finger and he bit down and, OUCH, I felt his teeth. They must have just come through because two days ago I saw his gums were swollen. I can't believe he got both of them at the same time. Well, I guess I can -- he has been so upset lately. Mostly I am sad about his teeth because I love his toothless smile. I tried to capture it on film today but no such luck. I still got cute shots of us playing.

We spent some time in the nursery this morning on the quilt I made for us. I gave him a baby massage. We sang songs and shook a rattle. I made him almost giggle by pretending to eat his cheek.

I am on my part-time schedule now so I only had to put in 4 hours today. Eli was an angel and took a 3-hour nap from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Holy cow. I finished my story and made some calls on some other stories and then still had the afternoon free.

We went for a walk with Stefanie and Alex around Bush Park. When Alex got a little fussy in his stroller we sat in the grass and the boys had fun grabbing the grass and trying to eat it. Then we took them swimming. Eli last about twice as long as he did the first time he went, but then he was wailing in the locker room. We'll try again...

No comments: