Thursday, December 8, 2011

Conversations with Eli

Magic Blankie

Ewan fell down while riding his push-car and bumbed his head. He was crying pretty hard so Mama picked him him. Eli grabbed his blankie and gave it to Ewan.



Mama: "Oh look Ewan, Eli gave you his special blankie."

Eli: "Yeah Ewan, blankie is magic. It takes away your sadness and puts it
in the ground."

College


Eli: "How will I learn to be a paleontologist?"


Mama: "You'll go to college."


Eli: "They'll teach me how to dig up dinosaur bones?"


Mama: "Yes. You'll have to take all kinds of science classes."


[Pause]



Eli: "Did you go to college to learn how to be a good taker-carer-of?"


When I grow up


Eli was learning to swim, and he was successfully swimming in the pool with a lifevest. He was very proud of himself. He swam up to Daddy with a big smile on his face.



Eli: "I'm a very good swimmer!"


Daddy: "You are!"


Eli: "I'm a good runner too."


Daddy: "Yes, you are a good runner and a good swimmer."


Eli: "When I grow up, I am going to be a good runner like you and a
good swimmer like mama."


[Pause]


Eli: "And also a good taker-carer-of."


[Pause]


Eli: "Also a paleontologist."

No comments: