Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A little fish

Eli is a little fish. I took him swimming for the first time in a LONG time last Monday. Then we went again two days ago. He was in heaven. He splashes, tries to blow bubbles, kicks his feet and laughs and laughs. The first time we went with Stef and Alex. Stef taught me this song:

The grand ol' duke of Earl
He had 100 men
He marched them up the hill
And marched them down again
Cuz when you're up, you're up
And when you're down, you're down
And when you're in the middle...
You're neither up nor down!

You throw the baby up and down with the words to the song, and boy, Eli loves that! (Thanks Stef!)

I am so glad that he likes the water. I was always surprised when I would take him to the pool when he was younger and he hated it. He would last about 8 minutes and start wailing, and continue the wailing through the shower and into the locker room. It was so exhausting to take him swimming that I would need a two-hour nap afterwards... (ok, ok, I am exaggerating.)

No comments: