Monday, January 17, 2011

The lesson of the Lorax

One day, Eli and I read "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss. I love that book. I mean, how cool is it that there is this little guy who pops out of the tree stump and says, "I speak for the trees for they have no voices."

Eli said he really liked the book too. I beamed with pride. My little 3-year-old guy loves trees! And birds! And barbaloots (frisking about in their barbaloot suits!) And understands how the Once-ler's factory spoiled the Truffala tree forest and the lake where the humming fish live.

Later that day, we went for a walk to Bush Park. On the way, Eli found a big stick.

"An ax, actually, Mama."

And he used it to cut down all of the trees on the way to Bush Park and then all the trees in Bush Park.

"Just like in The Lorax, Mama!"

No comments: