Saturday, October 17, 2009

No voice

Eli has been very patient with Mama since she lost her voice on Tuesday (a head cold thing).

I've been whispering all week to Eli, and he usually stops what he is doing and listens very carefully to what I say. He definitely knows what a tap on the shoulder means now too.

When Zula is barking in the backyard, Eli runs and opens the backdoor and yells, "Zooo, la, come!" One time, Zula actually listened.

He's been very good about playing low-key games since I've been sick. He is having so much fun with his animal sticker book and drawing with markers. During our typical dance time, he is OK if I sit on the couch and watch and clap instead of actually dancing with him.

A random note: one of my favorite new Eli words is mayonnaise. It comes out "may-maise."

No comments: